Friday, March 16, 2012

Hairstyle for woman

Today I made a hairstyle for the female character. Took me longer than I expected but by the end of the day I got what I wanted. Is not finished yet, it still needs a texture. Now all it got is ambient occlusion embedded in the diffuse channel and some normal and specular which will never be used by the client, but was easy to extract them after I got the high poly model.

Most of the time I spent sculpting the hair in Zbrush, was a good exercise, I've learned a lot.

Here is the progress.

First I started in Sculptrix Alpha 6 to get done the rough shape:


Than the longest part was to detail the hairstyle in Zbrush. Here is the rezult:


... than I have made a cool polygon topology, extracted the maps in Mudbox and here is the final rezult:


Next the texture needs some details on diffuse channel and this hairstyle will be ready for the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment